Mittwoch, Februar 15, 2006

Mistfink in da U.S.A.

Well, twenty-four hours, two snowstorms and one miserably subpar dinner of ravioli later, I've made it back to the land of SUVs, GOPs, and McD's. After nearly being stranded in the Ennstal due to the latest blizzard in a winter that has dropped more than 3 meters in many parts of the valley, I caught the very last connecting flight departing from Philadelphia during one of the worst snowstorms in recent New England history. All the worrying and uncertainty was worth it, though, because I got to eat a bar burger, play pool, and drink multiple cocktails with brand name booze, all on my first night.
I also should have known that my return would be marked by a timely scandal of sorts w/r/t our esteemed regime. What I probably shouldn't have guessed was that it would be even more ridiculous and entertaining than scandals past. With all respect to the octogenarian victim, it would have been even more funny had our VP been the second high-ranking US official in history to ice a fellow American and keep his job. Perhaps the funniest thing, however, is that Dick thought he could cover up his little mishap. Too bad he chose such a fragile person to "spray". Damn lawyer couldn't keep his mild heart attack to himself.
That said, it's always amazing to me how quickly one reverts back to old routines, even after months away. Minus the warm weather and peddling of chinese food, I pretty much feel like I never left. I'm happy to be able to be a proud American routing against my surrigate country in alpine skiing, though, and I'm looking forward to doing a little of the ol' face to face with many of you Stusiers that have only existed in blogger-space for me in the last four Monaten. Cheers.

1 Comments:

At 15/2/06 16:52, Blogger Der Staubsauger said...

Glad to have ya back, if only for a short while. I've had my nose to the grindstone and I'm in need of some serious saufen. Bis Freitag.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home

<StuSie